Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These diverse cookies use only vegetable oil and no butter, but taste fantastic. Perfect for whether you want a chewy, thick cookie, or a thin crispy cookie! No fancy equipment or ingredients needed!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup egg white (1 egg white)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup crushed all-bran cereal (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the eggs and sugars together. Add the oil and vanilla and mix in thoroughly. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix. Fold in the chips, bran cereal, and coconuts.
- Drop the dough and flatten to desired cookie thickness. If you want big, thick chewy cookies, drop by tablespoons and thicken. If you want thin, crispy cookies drop by heaping teaspoons and flatten to a thinner thickness.
- Bake for 8 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool, so do not be tempted to bake them too long.
- This is an original recipe. The first round I made 8 big, thick cookies without coconut. These turned out to be thick, chewy (not cakey) cookies. Then I made smaller cookies (1 teaspoon medium thickness) also without coconut. These turned out to be chewy, cakey like cookies.
- Then I added the coconut and also made big and small cookies. Only this time I flattened the smaller cookies even more. These cookies turned out to be very nice and crispy, almost like chocolate chip crisps.
- Therefore, vary the drop style according to your likes/dislikes!