Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband and our friends absolutely love my chicken salad! I originally got the recipe from my father, but have adapted it slightly. Very easy to make and great on crackers, sandwiches, etc. You can also substitute turkey and make turkey salad - it tastes just as great! This recipe can be halved for a smaller batch.
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) canswhite meat chicken breasts (drained)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dill relish
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to break down the large chunks of chicken.
- Break the eggs apart with your hands by squeezing and crumbling them into the chicken.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir with a spoon until well mixed.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yum! This is like a mix of chicken salad and egg salad - the best of both worlds. I initially made a sandwich and the next day just served it with little bread rounds as a snack. Good both ways. Thanks txgirl9 for sharing. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.