1/1 Photo of Delicious Duchess Potatoes
These are the best Duchess potatoes you will ever have, I developed this recipe, you will love these! They are a must with prime rib roast or roast pork dinner! Use only russet potatoes for this, and only butter not margarine! If you do not have a pastry bag, just drop 12 mounds onto baking sheet and swirl with a spoon to create a desired pattern.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large eggs (or use 2 extra large eggs, or use 3 medium eggs)
- 7 tablespoons melted butter, divided (no subs!)
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons 18% table cream (you may have to use more cream if needed)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 -2 dash paprika (optional)
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender (about 25 minutes) drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Cool the potatoes for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- 3Add in eggs and 7 tablespoons melted butter, pinch dill, pinch garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese; add in 3 tablespoons cream adding in more to achieve desired consistency (you might use up to 7 tablespoons cream).
- 4Season with more salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- 5Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- 6Pipe the mixture into 12 mounds onto a large greased baking sheet/s.
- 7Melt the 1/3-1/2 cup butter and drizzle over the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle a very small amount of paprika over each mound (this is only optional).
- 9Set oven to 400°F.
- 10Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Duchess Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 540.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g