Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are the best Duchess potatoes you will ever have, I developed this recipe, you will love these! They are a must with prime rib roast or roast pork dinner! Use only russet potatoes for this, and only butter not margarine! If you do not have a pastry bag, just drop 12 mounds onto baking sheet and swirl with a spoon to create a desired pattern.
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large eggs (or use 2 extra large eggs, or use 3 medium eggs)
- 7 tablespoons melted butter, divided (no subs!)
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons 18% table cream (you may have to use more cream if needed)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 -2 dash paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender (about 25 minutes) drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cool the potatoes for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add in eggs and 7 tablespoons melted butter, pinch dill, pinch garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese; add in 3 tablespoons cream adding in more to achieve desired consistency (you might use up to 7 tablespoons cream).
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe the mixture into 12 mounds onto a large greased baking sheet/s.
- Melt the 1/3-1/2 cup butter and drizzle over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of paprika over each mound (this is only optional).
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.