Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
You have to try these drumsticks! They truly are delicious.
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 59.14 ml margarine or 59.14 ml butter, melted and cooled
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip chicken drumsticks into margarine; roll in flour mixture to coat.
- Arrange in an ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Bake uncovered until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut, about 50 minutes.
We weren't impressed by this recipe & probably won't be making it again. I agree with previous reviews.. the floury texture and taste wasn't appetizing, and that was after I shook as much as the flour off as I could (per another cook's suggestion). Positives: the chicken itself was nice and juicy, and the coating was nice and crisp.
Very good recipe! I also had to make extra coating for the drumsticks, we had 8 smaller drumsticks. Great meal!
Very good oven fried chicken, I found that I needed to make a bit more of the flour mixture to coat 6 large drumsticks. I really thought this was a tasty and very simple way to make chicken. Thanks:)