Recipe by melewen
I received this basic recipe from a friend but modified it after many, many.. many batches! My friends will literally pour this into a wine glass and drink it, and they constantly beg me to make it! It's not sweet like many salsas, and has a good oniony base, which is what I think makes it so good!
- 1 yellow onion, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro (or more, depending on how much you like cilantro)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 21 ounces diced tomatoes, drained of excess juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, process garlic, peppers, and cilantro until very fine.
- Add in the onions and process until very small pieces, but not so small as to be like a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add in fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes, then blend with an immersion blender until it becomes the consistency you prefer.
- Add in salt, mix well, and refrigerate for at least one hour before eating, in order to let the flavors blend.