Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really good way to make dove.
- 6 doves, cleaned & dressed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, UNDRAINED
- 1 cup sauterne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut doves along backbone, butterfly by removing the large bones of the lower back & legs.
- Press flat, roll in flour.
- Brown lightly in butter & sprinkle with herbs & parsley.
- Cover & cook slowly for 15 minute.
- Add onions, mushrooms with the liquid, & sauterne.
- Cover & simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Add salt 5 minute before removing from heat. Serve with wild rice or hot buttered rice.
- NOTE: QUAIL OR SQUAB MAY ALSO BE USED.