Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
We love this steak! Steaks cooked in a mushroom, peppercorn sauce. From Pol Martin, one of Canada's favorite chefs.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 32 ounces filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, ground
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sauce, commercial, heated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 150ºF.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. When hot, add meat and cook 2 minutes over medium-high.
- Turn meat over and season; continue cooking 6 minutes. Turn 3 times during cooking time.
- Place meat on ovenproof platter and keep hot in oven.
- Heat butter in frying pan. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Mash green peppercorns with cream; stir in ground black peppercorns. Add chives.
- Pour pepper mixture and brown sauce into pan; cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high.
- Season to taste and continue cooking 2 minutes.