The peanut butter filling makes these special. Kids and adults alike love them. They disappear before they are cold. Great with a big glass of milk! I would make the dough and freeze it until needed. The recipe came from an old, well used Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that was my cookie bible while the boys were growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together dry ingredients.
- 2Cut in shortening and peanut butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Blend in syrup and milk.
- 4Shape into 2-inch roll; chill a couple of hours.
- 5Slice 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Place half the slices on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
- 8Cover with remaining slices and seal edges with a fork.
- 9Bake at 350^ for about 12 minutes.
- 10Cool slightly.
- 11Remove from sheet.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Double Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g