Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A mouth watering crunchy, tangy salad. Perfect with some fresh crusty bread or as an accompanyment to a main course... Plus it's quick and easy to prepare!
- 1 slice white bread
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 25 g pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clear honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- 2 pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 180 g mixed lettuce leaves
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 250 g dolcelatte, cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 190c/gas5. Cut bread into small cubes and toss in 1 tbsp of walnut oil. Put on a baking tray abd bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the pecan nuts to the bread cubes and return to the oven for 5 more minutes until the bread is golden and the nuts are lightly toasted. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and s&p together.
- Remove the cores from the pears and cut into cubes (roughly same as the cheese). Toss them in the lemon juice.
- Toss salad leaves, celery and pears together. Divide between 4 bowls, top with the cheese, bread croutons and nuts. Drizzle dressing over just before serving.