Found this recipe on one of the Food Networks. Easy to make, very tasty and looks good.
Make and share this Delicious Dinner Buns recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of warm milk with sugar and yeast.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine the egg and remaining 1/2 cup of warm milk and the melted butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and egg mixture to the flour.
- With the mixer on low speed, start mixing, then increase the speed as flour is incorporated.
- Continue to mix for another 2 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Form dough into a ball and place into a lightly greased large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave overnight in the refrigerator or alternatley, let proof in a warm area until doubled in size for about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a very lightly floured surface.
- Tear off pieces of dough and form 14 to 16 - 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll them between your hands to make a smooth ball.
- Place the dough balls in a buttered 8" x 8" pan or an 8" round pan, so the dough balls are touching each other.
- Cover with plastic wrap and then with a damp cloth or towel and let rest in a warm area for about 40 minute or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush, generously coat the top of the dough buns with the egg wash.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Pull apart at the dinner table and serve with butter.