Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on one of the Food Networks. Easy to make, very tasty and looks good.
Make and share this Delicious Dinner Buns recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of warm milk with sugar and yeast.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine the egg and remaining 1/2 cup of warm milk and the melted butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and egg mixture to the flour.
- With the mixer on low speed, start mixing, then increase the speed as flour is incorporated.
- Continue to mix for another 2 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Form dough into a ball and place into a lightly greased large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave overnight in the refrigerator or alternatley, let proof in a warm area until doubled in size for about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a very lightly floured surface.
- Tear off pieces of dough and form 14 to 16 - 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll them between your hands to make a smooth ball.
- Place the dough balls in a buttered 8" x 8" pan or an 8" round pan, so the dough balls are touching each other.
- Cover with plastic wrap and then with a damp cloth or towel and let rest in a warm area for about 40 minute or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Using a pastry brush, generously coat the top of the dough buns with the egg wash.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Pull apart at the dinner table and serve with butter.
If I could rate this a 20 I would Light delicate and very very good!!! Oh Uncle Bill if you and I weren't both happily married you would find me on your door step!!! For sure! I can't wait til Kevin gets in to taste one!!! You will laugh at this one...I just put everything in my bread maker and the dough came out beautiful, then they rose so high I got a little worried. So I baked them as you said to and OMG absolutely beautiful! This is a fool proof recipe and a darn good one!!! Hugs, Jelly
I have made these Uncle Bill and they are totally awesome!When I see one of your recipes I always check it out because I know it will be good! Keep'em coming and thank you for this one.