Recipe by Mille®
The lemon peel and celery seeds add zip to this healthy slaw. Recipe source: Cooking for Health.
Top Review by Mirj
Wow, the grated lemon rind gives this coleslaw a very special and delicious flavor! I needed to keep this salad non-dairy, so I just used about 1/2 cup of homemade mayo, and used about half carrots and half cabbage. I also used more than the 1 teaspoon of lemon rind called for, I zested a whole small lemon and then used all the juice. We had some friends to lunch, and they had seconds, thirds, even fourths! I will certainly be making this over and over again in the next few months, until Miller presents me with another "find". Thanks Miller, you always do right by me!
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage (from about ½ large head)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley