1/5 Photos of Delicious Diabetic Carrot Cake Muffins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
These carrot cakes make a great lunch box treat or snack for diabetics. The only "sugar" is a light dusting of powdered sugar, which could be left off. If you choose to make them "non-diabetic", frost with cream cheese icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (see note at bottom)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pureed carrot (I use canned)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1NOTE: When substituting real brown sugar for the Splenda, use 1/2 cup, as the Splenda is double strength.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3Beat together the egg and brown sugar. Stir in the butter, sour cream, pureed carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.
- 4Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 5Fold in the nuts and coconut.
- 6Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Diabetic Carrot Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (920 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 357.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g