Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 9 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This is just scrumptious -- a real crowd pleaser if you want to do something fancy for a party. And oh so good...crunchy outside with frozen ice cream inside...yum! The cooking time, includes freezing time for the ice cream.
- The night before you want to make this, take the ice cream and scoop it into balls, making sure they are solid with no air pockets.
- Place them in a shallow pan, lined with wax paper, that you can put into the freezer.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Next, combine the crushed cornflakes, sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock bag.
- Put the beaten eggs into a bowl.
- Take the ice cream balls and coat them as best you can with the cornflake mixture.
- Then dip the whole thing into the egg mixture and re-coat it with cornflakes, making sure the whole ball is well covered.
- Return to the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready for the final step, use a good deep fryer, and heat it to a fairly high temperature.
- Remove one ice cream ball from the freezer and drop into the hot vegetable oil for about 30 seconds, or until it just begins to brown.
- Take it out of the oil and put in a bowl to serve.
- You can top it with your favourite ingredients like chocolate sauce, whipped cream or cherries--or all three!
- The shell should be cooked and crunchy, and the inside will still be frozen!