I make this cake all the time for parties and events; it's just SO GOOD! It's rich and heavenly, and if you're not careful, you just might eat the whole cake in one sitting! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb white chocolate (chips or a bar shaved into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt the chocolate and water over a double boiler (a little water in a pan with a bowl on top, not touching the water) on low heat.
- 3Beat the 4 egg whites until frothy; add the cream of tartar and continue beating until medium-stiff peaks. Set aside.
- 4Cream the butter and sugar; add vanilla, and beat in the 4 egg yolks.
- 5Add the melted chocolate.
- 6Sift cake flour,baking powder, and baking soda together.
- 7Alternate adding the sifted mixture and the buttermilk to the creamed butter mix.
- 8Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 9Grease 3 round cake pans or line about 3 dozen cupcake tins with paper liners.
- 10Bake the cakes for around 30 minutes or until just done (it will look a little undercooked, but will set up once cooled), or the cupcakes 15-20 minutes.
- 11Frost after the cake has cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious, Decadent White Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.4
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 463.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 93.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g