Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Date Slice as made by my mother when I was a child. It was a great family favourite.
- 8 ounces dates (pitted)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces butter
- Cook the first 3 ingredients to a pulp and leave to cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients together like a crumble.
- Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of a tray.
- Cover with the dates. Then sprinkle remainder on top.
- Bake 30 mins at gas 4 or 180c.