Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fantastic recipe I got from a cookbook that my brother gave me. When I was growing up my father used to make these delicious curried sausages that the whole family loved. Now that he's advanced in years he can't remember how to make it. Fortunately I found a great recipe that tastes just like it! Now that I am grown and have a family of my own I make the curried sausages for them and they love it too! You can serve them on their own or sometimes I serve them with a side of mashed potatoes and they taste great. Hope you enjoy :-)
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄4 kg medium sized beef sausages
- 6 peeled tomatoes, Quartered
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 420 ml coconut milk
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, chili powder, paprika and poppy seeds in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and cook sausages over a medium heat until browned.
- Remove sausages and wipe out pan.
- Leave sausages to cool for 15 minutes then slice into 2cm thick pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan.
- Add spice paste and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Mix in tomato, mango chutney and coconut milk.
- Add sausages and simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.