If you are a curry lover, then this chicken salad is worth trying, it is very good! You can add in onions also if desired, peanuts can be subbed for the walnuts. Plan ahead, this needs be refrigerated for a minimum of two hours or more. Prep time includes refrigeration time
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 -4 celery ribs, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or use both) or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or use both)
- 1 large apples, peeled and chopped (optional) or 1 orange, peeled and diced (optional)
CURRY MAYO DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken and all remaining ingredients (except the dressing ingredients); mix well to combine.
- For the dressing, mix/whisk all dressing ingredients adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently add/mix in dressing with the chicken salad in the bowl; toss well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 or more hours before serving.