Recipe by Kharma
Another winner from the Sunset Crockery Cookbook. I'm eating it right now; it's soooo good. It's a very mild curry and a little bit sweet. It's more like a comforting mild turkey stew than what I usually think of when I think of curry.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs turkey thighs, skinned (2)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, blended with
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted salted almond
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion, pepper, garlic, curry powder, red pepper and currants in crock pot.
- Rinse turkey, pat dry and arrange on top of mixture.
- Pour in tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until meat can easily pull away from bone.
- (If a thick sauce is desired: lift out turkey and let stand. Skim fat from mixture. Blend in cornstarch mixture. Cook on high for 15 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring 2-3 times.) Remove bones and fat from turkey.
- Tear meat into small pieces and stir into sauce.
- Add salt to taste, sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve over rice.