Recipe by ALC
I was searching for a good stuffed bell pepper recipe that I could put in the crock pot and didn't find what I was looking for. I came up with this one and they were absolutely DELICIOUS!
Top Review by Nicole F.
I've made this recipe twice now - each time for people who swore they didn't like stuffed peppers. I used red peppers because that's what I had, and they worked great. I didn't have lean ground beef - and my advice would be to make sure that you use lean. It got a little greasier than I'd have liked, but they were still delicious.
- 5 medium green bell peppers
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 177.44 ml long-grain rice, uncooked
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 2.46 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 226.79 g tomato sauce, basil, garlic and oregano flavor
- 396.89 g tomato sauce
- 113.39-170.09 g water
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tops of peppers, remove seeds and clean out.
- Place in crock pot so that all 5 peppers stand up right.
- Mix beef, onion, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper. (I mixed with my hands).
- Add rice to thicken the mixture.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. (I now mix with a spoon).
- Spoon mixture into each pepper until pepper is full.
- Pour 14 oz. tomato sauce over each pepper and on the side of the peppers (to go in the bottom of the crock pot).
- Add 4-6 oz. water (I used the tomato can to use the rest of the sauce) on the sides of the peppers so that they are sitting in the sauce/ water mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.