6 hrs 20 mins
I was searching for a good stuffed bell pepper recipe that I could put in the crock pot and didn't find what I was looking for. I came up with this one and they were absolutely DELICIOUS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium green bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, basil, garlic and oregano flavor
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 -6 ounces water
- salt & pepper
- 1Remove tops of peppers, remove seeds and clean out.
- 2Place in crock pot so that all 5 peppers stand up right.
- 3Mix beef, onion, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper. (I mixed with my hands).
- 4Add rice to thicken the mixture.
- 5Add Worcestershire sauce and 8 oz. can of tomato sauce. (I now mix with a spoon).
- 6Spoon mixture into each pepper until pepper is full.
- 7Pour 14 oz. tomato sauce over each pepper and on the side of the peppers (to go in the bottom of the crock pot).
- 8Add 4-6 oz. water (I used the tomato can to use the rest of the sauce) on the sides of the peppers so that they are sitting in the sauce/ water mixture.
- 9Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 759.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g