Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I needed something quick this morning and knew I wouldn't have time when I got home from work to start cooking. I took out a frozen bag of skinless (on the bone) chicken breast and that is where this recipe begins! I used a can of Red Pack diced tomatoes flavored with balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil - but you can use any can of diced tomatoes that have flavor added. You can probably use chicken thighs/legs - just be sure their skinless.
- 3 chicken breasts, 1/2 breasts, skinless and bone in (frozen)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, flavored
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- Place frozen chicken in crockpot and surround with remaining ingredients.
- Turn crockpot on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with vegetables, pasta or polenta. Delicious!
The chicken cooked well. I didn't care for the quartered onions. If I make this again, I would put garlic powder on the chicken, dice the onions, and add another can of beans.