Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Any meaty fish fillet may be used for this, we like tilapia, pickeral or basa, since your fingers get slightly messy during the coating process I recommend that you have all of your fish filets coated and ready on a plate before starting to fry --- this is very good!
Top Review by BHENG D.
This is really good! The mustard and the lemon pepper is what makes this fish taste soo good. I used cod and it was excellent. I don't have potato flakes and so I used regular breadcrumbs. Mine is a little burn but that did not affect the flavor at all. I encourage everyone to try this fish recipe. Thank you kitten for sharing this deelicious fish recipe.
- 1 large egg (or use 2 small eggs)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (can use prepared yellow mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (if you are a garlic-lover then use 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄3 cup flour (more if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 4 boneless fish fillets
- lemon pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- In a shallow bowl or dish mix vigorously the egg with mustard, seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- Place the potato flakes in another shallow bowl (you will have 3 bowls).
- Dredge the fish firstly in the flour, then into the egg mixture, then lastly coat in the potato flakes (pressing down with fingers to adhere the potato flakes to the fish).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fish about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Just before the fish is finished frying sprinkle with lemon pepper if desired.