1/4 Photos of Delicious Cream of Reuben Soup
1 hr 15 mins
If you are a lover of sauerkraut then you will *love* this soup! --- add the croutons they go very well with the soup.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2-3/4 lb corned beef, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped sauerkraut, drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- crouton (to garnish, or use toasted pumpernickel or rye bread cubes)
- 1In a large Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat; add in the onion, garlic, thyme, tarragon and dried chili flakes (if using) saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add in the broth, corned beef, sauerkraut, shredded carrots and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for about 40-45 minutes.
- 3In a bowl combine the cornstarch with water until smooth; stir into the simmering soup, boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 4Remove bay leaf, then add in the shredded cheese and whipping cream; stir until the cheese melts.
- 5Ladle in bowls and top with croutons or toasted bread cubes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Cream of Reuben Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2895 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 836.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.9 g