Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a large amount but not to worry this will be eaten up in a flash it is *THAT* good! Make certain that the corn is completely thawed but not cooked. I like to mix in some Parmesan cheese at the end of cooking ;-)
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 cup evaporated milk (or use milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- black pepper (or cayenne pepper)
- In a large saucepan combine thawed corn niblets, whipping cream, evaporated milk, salt and sugar; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth, then stir into the corn mixture until well blended and thickened.
- Season with black pepper or cayenne to taste.
My family was purring with delight over this dish. Was a great addition to our Thanksgiving spread. Thanks, Kitten, for another winner!
Delightful cream corn. Sweet and tasty. Thanks Kitten, for another winning recipe!
Made this for turkey day - Have to travel with it but it should do great - thank you for another great recipe