Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great, simple bean dip recipe that my mom taught me in college. Great for entertaining and cookouts...you just need a bag of Tostitos to go with it!
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except for the shredded cheese together in Pyrex baking dish (you may have to soften the cream cheese).
- Spread the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese on top is thoroughly melted. Enjoy with chips!
Wow. It is amazing. I thought it would be really heavy but adding the sourcream makes the texture fluffy and lighter. My boys love it and if they like it must be great!
Oh man! I haven't even put it in the oven yet and it is AMAZING!!!! I don't see why you couldn't just refrigerate and serve as a cold dip as well. My picky four-year-old tasted it and asked for more. That being said I did make a few changes because of the ingredients I had on hand. I didn't have a full 16 oz. of sour cream so I used a little less. I also replaced the green onion with onion powder and the Mexican cheese with Pepper Jack and Cheddar.
I made this last night. It was very easy to prepare. Had an excellent creamy texture that did not make the toasted tortilla chips break when dipping. . The finished result fit well in a Pyrex deep dish pie dish. I tweaked it a wee bit.
I spread a light layer of salsa on top, before adding the grated cheese, and I put the chopped green onions on top of the grated cheese, as well as some chopped jalape?os. I think 2 cans of re friend beans would give it more flavour. I asked the group of "20- somethings" who ate it what to rate it, they said 4 stars, very good.