Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy to make and so delicious.
- 1 cup orange juice (to soak the cranberries in, then saving 1 1/4 tsps. of it later)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Put the cranberries in a wide and shallow bowl, pour in a bit of the orange juice. Enough so they're surrounded by it, but not drowning.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour or more. Afterwards, place a colander over a bowl and pour the cranberries and orange juice through, putting the cranberries and the orange juice they soaked in aside.
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat again.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and 1 1/4 tsps. of the orange juice . Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the mixture a bit at a time, beating until just mixed.
- Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Let chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.