1/1 Photo of Delicious Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
This goes back a long time, and I still make it to serve with a turkey dinner. It is one of my favorite cranberry recipes, and is always enjoyed by everyone. Serve this at your holiday dinner table and you will receive rave reviews! You can make this up to a week in advance.... this has the perfect balance of sweet and tart with the the right texture! No need to double the recipe this makes close to 6 cups, plan ahead the sauce needs to chill for 24 hours before using and you may omit the walnuts if desired
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the pineapple thoroughly in a fine sieve set over a large measuring cup (push the pineapple against the sieve to drain out any extra juice).
- 2Add enough water to the measuring cup (with the juice in it) to make 2 cups liquid.
- 3Place the liquid in a saucepan.
- 4Add in cranberries and sugar.
- 5Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- 6Continue to boil until most of the berries pop (you might want to keep a splatter screen or a lid over until the berries are finished popping) and the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes) remove from heat.
- 7Add in drained pineapple, walnuts, lemon juice and cloves; mix until well combined.
- 8Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g