Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make a lot of muffins, but these are among my favorites. Bursting with flavor and loaded with cranberries, you won't be disappointed! Since they contain whole wheat flour, they're hearty enough to eat for breakfast, and keep you going all morning!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- Mix together the flours, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, egg, and sugar until well combined.
- Add the orange juice and orange rind and mix well.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts pieces and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin lined with foil baking cups.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Remove from foil and allow to cool on wire rack.