You may use imitation crab in place of the fresh crabmeat due to cost reasons, I have made these using imitation and it was still wonderful --- I have listed a honey-mustard sauce on the bottom to serve with the crab cakes if desired but these are just as good served alone! --- plan ahead there is a 1 hour freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb crabmeat, shredded and picked over to remove shells and cartilage (imitation is okay to use)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/4-1/3 cup diced onion (green onion is okay)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (for coating)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a bowl combine all ingredients except the breadcrumbs and vegetable oil; mix until well mixed.
- 2Form into 3-oz cakes/patties.
- 3Roll each cake/patty into the bread crumbs.
- 4Place the cakes in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- 5Remove from freezer, and saute on medium heat until each cake is golden brown and heated through.
- 6For the Honey-Mustard sauce; combine 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 2 tablespoons honey and pinch cayenne peper; mix and chill until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 554.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g