Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love corn and I REALLY love corn prepared this way! It's so quick to make and you usually have the ingredients on hand. The tomatoes provide a nice splash of color. Enjoy!
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir into corn mixture.
- Bring to a boil; Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes and serve!
I loved this recipe! It was simple to put together and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. The only change I made was using a little less butter. The result was a delicious and pretty side dish. I served this with Low Fat Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast. Thank you for sharing your reccipe with us KC_Cooker!
Loved it!! I used 1% milk instead of half and half. I also added 1/4 cup yogurt and 2 tsp dill for a flavor twist. The yogurt really picks up the tomato tartness and gives it an extra kick! This dish will be a new family favorite!
Delicious, quick & easy side dish. Gets nice and creamy. I used white onion, because I had no green onions. I used my homegrown grape tomatoes. The whole family loved this. Thanx for the recipe. I'll make this again.