Recipe by Dine & Dish
I love corn and I REALLY love corn prepared this way! It's so quick to make and you usually have the ingredients on hand. The tomatoes provide a nice splash of color. Enjoy!
Top Review by Junebug
I loved this recipe! It was simple to put together and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. The only change I made was using a little less butter. The result was a delicious and pretty side dish. I served this with Low Fat Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast. Thank you for sharing your reccipe with us KC_Cooker!
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the corn; cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cream, water, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir into corn mixture.
- Bring to a boil; Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes and serve!