Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A really "delicious" corned beef casserole made from leftover cooked corned beef, canned soup, macaroni, parmesan cheese, onion and milk; topped with buttered bread crumbs.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 12 ounces leftover cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) soup can milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I used 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water for 6 minutes; drain.
- ( I add a bit of vegetable oil to boiling water, so macaroni doesn't stick together).
- In a buttered casserole baking dish, or a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan, add cooked elbow macaroni, diced corned beef, canned soup, 1 soup can of milk, onion, and grated Parmesan cheese; stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the casserole.
- Top with thin slices of butter.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Note: You can substitute the cream of celery soup, with a cream of chicken, or cream mushroom soup.