This recipe if from the Fit for Life cookbook and is delicious! Even my mother, who loathes chowders, demands to eat this again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced white onions or 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 3/4 cup diced red bell peppers or 3/4 cup diced yellow bell peppers or 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes, 1/2 inch or smaller
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons light miso or 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 cups corn kernels (or more)
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1Heat oil in soup pot.
- 2Add onions, celery, carrot and pepper.
- 3Saute until the veggies begin to soften.
- 4Add the potatoes and sage.
- 5Mix the ingredients well and saute another 3 minutes.
- 6Add water and bring to a boil.
- 7Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- 8Remove 1/2 cup liquid from the pot and dissolve miso in it.
- 9(skip that step if you are using vegetable broth).
- 10Add miso or broth to soup and mix well.
- 11Cook soup an additional minute, stirring continuously.
- 12Remove one third of soup with lots of veggies in it and set aside.
- 13Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 14Stir in the reserved soup, corn and green onion.
- 15Bring soup to a low boil, stirring frequently.
- 16Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, continuing to stir so that soup doesn't stick to pot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: