Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Even those that don't like cabbage enjoy this!
- 1 -2 large yellow onion
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 head cabbage
- liquid smoke
- Worcestershire sauce
- celtic sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- lawry's seasoning
- Chop onions and place in microwave-safe dish with 2-3 tbsp olive oil.
- Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes (until clear).
- While cooking put water, 3 tbps olive oil, and seasonings into a large pot over medium heat.
- Chop cabbage and add to pot.
- Pour onion/oil mix into large pot.
- Continue cooking and stir periodically until slightly golden.
Tried this recipe adding caraway seeds. Delicious. Husband really enjoyed it. Easy to make.