Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A Mounds bar inspiration! If you love coconut, you will love these bars. If the coconut is the long shredded type, then you might want to pulse it a couple of times on the processor. Yield is only estimated, depending on the size of the bars.
Top Review by GzNKz4evr
I do not think I have made anything from Kittencal that I did not like! I made coconut milk from a recipe on Zaar in order to make cocnot rice in a recipe on Zaar. I was lokking for something to do with the coconut and found this recipe. I advise to double the recipe whever possible because these are not going to last. I discovered that I had run out of baking soda, so substituted with 2 tsp. baking powder and came out perfect! Excellent brownies!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips (for top of batter)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan, then fit with parchment paper to overhang on sides to lift out the brownies after baking.
- To make the coconut mixture, in a medium bowl, stir all coconut ingredients together with a fork (I use my hands to mix this); mix until "pasty".
- In another bowl, stir together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; mix well to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Pour about 2/3 of the brownie mixture into the pan.
- Top with all of the coconut mixture, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Top with spoonfuls of the remaining brownie mixture.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips over top of batter (do not mix in).
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 325°F for the final 10 minutes of baking.
- Cool and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Lift out the brownie from the pan lifting out with the overlapping parchment paper.
- Cut into squares.