Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
This sweet dessert beverage is rich in calcium, magnesium and potassium, all which are thought to help relieve PMS symptoms. Other sources of nutrients are the antioxidant rich cocoa which is also high in fiber. The cocoa powder really curbs cravings. I already have this listed in my recipes under another name, but I wanted to give it an alternative title for PMS sufferers to find easily. I have changed a few ingredients for more nutritional benefits and to help with bloating.
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Not a decadent cocoa by any means, but has good flavor, is good for you, and is so simple to make... all very important if you're making this for the reason indicated in the recipe name. ;) I scaled this in half, and used vanilla rice milk in place of soy; since the rice milk is already sweetened, I didn't add any additional sugar, though it probably cuold have used a little. I whipped up in one of my Magic Bullet mugs, then just popped the mug in the microwave, stirred again, and -- *poof* -- just like that, it was ready. How great is that? :) Thanks for sharing!
- 16 ounces plain soymilk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or two teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa, hershey's powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk to very hot in mug in microwave.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted (use a mini hand blender if you have one).
- Add splenda and cocoa and stir well.
- Another option, if you want a creamier texture, use a blender to mix well before heating.