Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is a great chicken coating mix, it taste almost the same as Shake and Bake! When I made this I use seasoned salt but that is optional. For a kick, add in some cayenne pepper! If desired you reduce the salt slightly
- 4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- In a large resealable bag combine the oil with all remaining ingredients; seal the bag and shake vigorously.
- Remove half or more of the mixture for another time and store tightly sealed in the refrigerator.
- Add in desired amount of chicken pieces; shake to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet in a 425 oven for 45 minutes.
Not bad. I halved the recipe so I only 2 used cups of whole wheat bread crumbs, but I don't think I should have halved the spices. It gave a nice cruchy coating, but there wasn't tonnes of flavour. Next time I'll keep the spices a the same level and only halve the bread crumbs. Thanks for posting!
Very Good! I used it on pork chops and they came out with a crunchy outside and a moist inside. My son loves it! So do I ! :)
This is delicious! The spices are perfect together. It is much better than Shake and Bake, in my opinion since I'm not a fan. Thanks for sharing!