Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 quarts popped popcorn (measure 4 quarts after popping)
- 1 cup butter (can reduce to 1/2 cup) or 1 cup margarine (can reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl. Place the butter with sugar and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl, then microwave for 1 minute on HIGH.
- Remove and stir then place back and microwave for 1 more minute or until the butter is melted.
- Pour over the popcorn and toss well to coat.
- Divide the mixture between two 15 x 10-inch baking sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Cool then store in an airtight container.
I made two batches of this sweet treat to fill glass jars my daughter painted for Christmas gifts and was pleased with the outcome. I used 1/2 cup of butter. It was challenging to coat all of the popcorn with the sugar mixture but it worked out okay... It was actually kind of nice to have some pieces less coated than the others. My brother-in-law ate a handful and said, "I'm not really a fan of popcorn." Then said, "This is sweet." and grabbed another handful. That's a win in my book! Thanks for posting.
Made for Kitten's Cookathon 12/2008. Oh yes this is the dessert of the night. I could and did snack on most of it through the evening. Perfet with hot cocoa on a very cold evening. This is super easy to put together and will be a weekly addition to popcorn nite at my house. I love popcorn!
I made a half batch of this recipe just to be sure we all enjoyed it....I sure wish I had made the full recipe as it was gobbled up right away! What a quick and easy treat to make! You can expect nothing else but the best when you make one of Kittencal's delicious recipes!