Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fried Pork Chops
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Make the bowl of soak first which is fill a large bowl 2/3 full with cold water, add in sugar and salt and stir.
- Add in the chops and set for 1 hour.
- When 1 hour is almost up, set up 3 bowl station.
- The first bowl with 1/4 cup flour.
- 2nd bowl with the eggs and milk; blended.
- 3rd bowl with the remaining flour mixed with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drain the pork chops.
- Dip the pork chops in the first bowl, completely cover, then the 2nd bowl, completely cover, and the 3rd bowl same thing and sit on a baking pan.
- Place the pork chops in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet on the stove add the oil and heat on medium.
- When the oil is hot, remove the chops from the freezer and cook, 5 minutes or so on each side until browned.
- Serve with gravy.
I all-way like to made the recipe once as written, the way the chef did it. Absolutely Delicious..I did two Pork Chops your way. Couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out...And Yes I made a few alterations, I can't leave anything alone! I have to play with my food. I did adjusted to my personal taste. Your way is very delicious. The next time I did it and I add it to my recipe box your way. and to My Note: I did two Pork Chops more to play with. I use Seasoned italian bread crumbs are wonderful, I just added 1 tsp each of garlic powder and italian seasoning. I browned them olive oil 2 minutes on each side, then placed them on a roasting rack in the oven to finish. It was much less greasy and the rack allowed both sides to remain crispy. I love to play with my food. THANK YOU! .... Maybe a Tropical Pork Chops or a Apricot Glazed? That will be next time? .... PRMR 2013....Grpa ...Thank You!!
Excellent recipe! (I have to run out right now, but I will be back with a full review).