Recipe by JackieOhNo!
A combination of my two favorite puddings!
Top Review by Outta Here
This brought back some memories from childhood. Mom used to make chocolate tapioca (but I think she used chocolate chips). I never think to make tapioca often and I don't know why, because it really is easy, and this version is very rich and tasty! Will be making it more often now!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix sugar and tapioca in saucepan. Stir in milk and egg; let stand 5
- 2. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full.
- boil, about 15 minutes; beat with wire whisk to blend chocolate.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool 20 minutes; stir and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.