Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A combination of my two favorite puddings!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Mix sugar and tapioca in saucepan. Stir in milk and egg; let stand 5
- 2. Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full.
- boil, about 15 minutes; beat with wire whisk to blend chocolate.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool 20 minutes; stir and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
This brought back some memories from childhood. Mom used to make chocolate tapioca (but I think she used chocolate chips). I never think to make tapioca often and I don't know why, because it really is easy, and this version is very rich and tasty! Will be making it more often now!
It's so nice to know that others love these two puddings (I've often mixed these store-bought puddings together), & now I have a great & simple recipe for making the combo! This first time around I actually doubled the recipe since I knew we'd devour it quickly, & sure enough, we did! About time to make it again so that we can enjoy it in a more civilized manner! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]