Recipe by love4culinary
This is a wonderful THICK pudding-style dessert that I love to eat. It is SO nice to have something that I can enjoy that doesn't contain dairy products!! :-) Cook time is unknown. To be honest with you I didn't think to time it! Its an estimate, so please know that cooking time is not exact!
Top Review by Kree
Move over Jello, because this is my new favorite pudding! It's so easy to make, and it's really rich and chocolatey. I made it exactly as directed, and it was enjoyed by my whole family, although we each ate so much we only got 3 servings out of it! Thanks for a great non-dairy dessert, Angela!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate soymilk (I use 8th Continent)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch (if you want it REALLY REALLY Thick, add a bit more)
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine soymilk, cornstarch, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with a whisk.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Keeping stirring until the chocolate chips have melted into the pudding.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then put into whatever you wish to chill it in, and refrigerate for several hours.