Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Truly a wonderful chocolate cake! I make two of these and frost the middle and the outsides with frosting!
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Great chocolate cake! As another reviewer said, dark rich and chocolatery. Made it just as stated in a little bundt pan (4 cup pan) which made it very pretty. It was a little difficult to get the cake out of the pan, a bit sticky but not too bad, got it out without major damage. It was worth wrestling with the pan as the taste is wonderful. Will certainly make again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder (mixed with boiling water to make 1 cup of liquid)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350° (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add in the egg and the cocoa/water mixture with vanilla; mix until combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the baking soda and 1/2 cup boiling water, then add in with the flour and baking powder; mix until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cake tests done.