Chef #327349's Note:
This is a traditional recipe from the north of Argentina and Paraguay. They are truly delicious cheese rolls, which are quite easy to make, freeze perfectly either raw or cooked, and are definitely crowd-pleasers. In case you can´t find tapioca flour/starch where you live, you can buy it at Amazon, for instance. I have never met anyone who doesn´t like them!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups tapioca flour (500g) or 2 1/4 cups tapioca starch (500g)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter (200g)
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb parmesan cheese (grated, 250g)
- 1/2 lb green cheese (250g) or 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese (250g)
- 1/2 lb manchego cheese (250g, chopped into small squares) or 1/2 lb goat cheese (250g, chopped into small squares) or 1/2 lb any other hard cheese (250g, chopped into small squares)
- 1Put the tapioca in a big bowl (it is quite thin so it can make a mess), along with coldish butter (chopped roughly), the mozzarella or any semi-soft cheese (also roughly cut to make the process easier), the grated parmesan cheese, and the eggs.
- 2Start mixing the ingredients by hand until the dough is somewhat formed.
- 3Add the hard cheese cut into small squares to the dough and keep kneading until you have a homogeneous dough (with the exception of the hard cheese squares, which aren´t supposed to blend in).
- 4Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so. This step can be skipped if in a hurry and they´ll still come out great.
- 5Take small pieces of dough and form little balls with it.
- 6Cook in a 400°F oven for around 15 mins, checking every 5 mins or so. The result should be crunchy outside and softer inside.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chipa Rolls (A Type of Cheese Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.6 mg
- Sodium 1157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: