1/1 Photo of Delicious Chinese Fried Rice
I was taught how to cook this when I was a child by a Chinese guest who was staying in our home to learn English. She used to cook this for my family once a week as "her treat" and i'll always remember the aroma in the kitchen along with the feeling of utter gluttony after having eaten way too much! I only came across the recipe recently, after having completely forgotten about it! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice according to packet instructions, using the stock cube in the water to add flavour to the rice.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a wok until it reaches a high heat (wok should be smoking) and add the vegetable oil to coat the base and sides.
- 3Add the beaten eggs to the wok, scrambling for a moment or two, until cooked. Remove from the wok and set aside for later. Wipe the wok with a paper towel.
- 4When the rice is cooked, run it under cold water in a colander.
- 5Re-heat the wok again (until smoking) and this time add 1 tbsp of the sesame oil. Add the rice to the wok, making sure you keep it moving so it doesn't stick. Then add the sliced spring onions, scrambled egg, green peas and diced ham. Pour in the soy sauce and 5 spice seasoning along with the final tbsp of sesame oil and mix well.
- 6Serve warm as a main course on its own or as a side dish!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chinese Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.3
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 248.2 mg
- Sodium 2725.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder