Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful one-skillet meal that's very tasty, and even tastes better if left for next day
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 large cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to heat level)
- 1 (15 ounce) canveggie-style chili with beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (low fat is okay, do not use fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (any kind that you desire)
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion, bell pepper until no longer pink; drain fat then add in garlic and chili flakes and continue cooking until the meat is browned (this may take about 10-12 minutes to brown the meat).
- Stir in canned chili beans, tomatoes with juice, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chili powder.
- Mix the mixture with cooked pasta, until well coated then season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook in the same skillet for 20 minutes on med-low heat, until bubbly.
Sorry, Kittencal... out of all of the wonderful recipes of yours I have tried and liked, I have to give this one a pass. I don't know if it was the type of chili I used, or the kind of canned tomatoes I used, but I found this recipe to be bland and mostly flavorless. I was able to help it a bit with some salt and some Pace Hot, but overall, I didn't care for it.
Looking for a quick and satisfying meal? This is it! I also loved the fact that it calls for most of the ingredients that I usually have on hand anyway. I served a simple garden salad and the meal was complete. You did it again, Kittencal.
made this today, was a very good meal. Next time i'll jazzed it up a little, hmm maybe 1.5 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. The sour cream added a very nice next level of taste. Certainly was as said a full meal, wonderfull. thanks for sharing kittencal