Recipe by amela02
You can also serve over macaroni noodles and make it chili mac if you want. Just don't forget the CUMIN, this is the KEY ingredient! I usually serve the finished product with some crackers, cheddar cheese and sour cream available as garnishes. Enjoy!
Top Review by MissDee4
This was fantastic! Everyone loved it! Good blend of spices, and would be very simple to add or take away different veggies if you have picky eaters. I added a little more garlic - just because we LOVE garlic. Kept very well as leftovers, seemed to be better the on the second day. I will be making this again!
- 1 (28 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) carton white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 lb lean ground beef (you can leave the meat out completely if you prefer) or 1 lb ground turkey (you can leave the meat out completely if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 -6 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 -4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (more or less, depending on how hot you like it)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, brown ground beef/turkey and drain off the juices. Throw in onion and bell peppers near the end of the cooking time to allow to them soften, along with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Combine chili beans, kidney/black beans, condensed tomato soup, canned diced tomatoes, and corn into the same pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the remaining 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, dried basil, cumin, and Tabasco. Stir well.
- Feel free to adjust spices and seasoning to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!