You can also serve over macaroni noodles and make it chili mac if you want. Just don't forget the CUMIN, this is the KEY ingredient! I usually serve the finished product with some crackers, cheddar cheese and sour cream available as garnishes. Enjoy!
My Private Note
very la ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) carton white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 lb lean ground beef (you can leave the meat out completely if you prefer) or 1 lb ground turkey (you can leave the meat out completely if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 -6 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 -4 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (more or less, depending on how hot you like it)
- 1In a large pot, brown ground beef/turkey and drain off the juices. Throw in onion and bell peppers near the end of the cooking time to allow to them soften, along with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2Combine chili beans, kidney/black beans, condensed tomato soup, canned diced tomatoes, and corn into the same pot and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add the remaining 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, dried basil, cumin, and Tabasco. Stir well.
- 4Feel free to adjust spices and seasoning to your liking.
- 5Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chili!
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 1020.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 30.2 g