Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salad I just made up one day when we were cleaning out the cupboard. It is extremely easy and tastes delicious with fish! Enjoy!
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 28 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 500 g Baby Spinach
- 2 celery, chopped
quick balsamic dressing (use 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons mixed herbs
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients and then add the salad dressing.
- Leave to marinate for 1-2 hours and then serve.
- Salad dressing:.
- Mix oil and vinegar together. Add sugar and herbs. Shake before adding to salad.
- Tip: if you don’t want to bother making the dressing, you can use almost any balsamic salad dressing instead. I highly recommend Paul Newman’s Own balsamic.