Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was one of the first recipes I started cooking on a regular basis for my family. The recipe came from a church cookbook and has now been enjoyed by many of my friends and family.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and brown chicken.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan combine mushroom soup, mushrooms, milk, chesse, onion, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat until the chesse melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, blending well.
- Pour over the chicken and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake and additional 30 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Serve with rice using the sauce as gravy.