Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This can be made on the outdoor grill or under the broiler. It's even a great recipe to make on the George Foreman grill! I have made this recipe many times for get togethers. Everyone loves it and wants the recipe for it! This satay has just the right amount of spice blend. It's even mild enough for kids, but if you want to turn up the heat just add in 2 or more teaspoons red pepper flakes.! You will LOVE this satay, I promise. Serve this with grilled onions, mushrooms and bell peppers YUMMM! Remember to soak your wooden skewers for a minimum of 30 minutes in cold water before threading on the meat. Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinate for 24 hours!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into long thin strips or cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a bowl combine all ingredients together (except the chicken and salt) mix until well combined.
- Place the chicken in a shallow glass dish and pour the marinade over the chicken; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the grill.
- Thread the chicken onto wooden pre-soaked skewers.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill (or broil) the skewers for about 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot.
Thank you !!! thus recipe was DELICIOUS !!!
10 STARS!!!! This is really delicious and so easy! Just the right amount of everything! :) I used metal skewers and broiled them, but really looking forward to grilling season, because I think the added smoke flavor would really kick it up another notch. Thanks for another winner, Kittencal! Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME
This chicken is OUTSTANDING! Extremely flavorful, tender and delicious, and so easy! I used the full 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes which gave this just the right amount of kick without overpowering all of the other wonderful flavors. Cooked it outdoors over charcoal and it was perfect. Can't say enough about this delicious chicken - thanks for posting this winner!