1/60 Photos of Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 45 mins
vincy bramblett's Note:
This chicken pot pie recipe takes a little time, but it is WELL WORTH IT!! This is an all-time favorite in our family. Great on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- 3Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- 4Combine broth and half and half.
- 5Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- 6Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- 8Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- 9Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- 10Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 1113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: