1/60 Photos of Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 45 mins
vincy bramblett's Note:
This chicken pot pie recipe takes a little time, but it is WELL WORTH IT!! This is an all-time favorite in our family. Great on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes.
- 3Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- 4Combine broth and half and half.
- 5Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- 6Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- 8Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- 9Cut slits to allow steam to escape.
- 10Bake for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly and cooked through.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 1113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: